Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Eating Healthy, living healthy.

I know for for myself, eating healthy really takes a lot of of self control and self discipline. I went a year and a half without eating hardy any sugar, white flour or drinking carbonated drinks. I felt amazing. Had a ton of energy, felt good inside and on the outside with how I looked.

Why is it then that we fall off the band wagon and stay off? All of us want to be healthy and all of us want to look good. Most of the time its mind over matter. A couple things I've found that have helped me personally as I've tried to be healthy.

1) Don't give in a little bit. A lot of times thinking a little won't hurt, hurts quite a bit. A piece of pizza for example. When I'm trying to eat healthy and they bring pizza into work and I eat a piece, the rest of the week is ruined eating healthy habit wise. When I turn down a piece of pizza I have the self discipline to eat healthy the rest of the week. For 101 Healthy recipes, click here.

2) When you do give in and have that one piece of candy or that one piece of pizza don't give up. Most of the time that is why we splurge thinking, "well, I ate this piece, might as well eat another" If you slip, forget about it and move on.

3) Working out. Everybody wants or at least knows they should do it, few actually do. For me, when I work out I feel so much better about everything. When something unhealthy is offered to me I wouldn't want to waste the last 2 hours I spent at the gm by eating a couple donuts. Work out 3-5 times a week for a 30 minute period of time and see the difference it makes, Physically, and mentally. For more info on great workouts tips and suggestions, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment